Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Hard Way Up

This is a picture of me in one of the many hard trees that I have climbed in PNG. I have learned many skills for tree climbing while here like digging my toes into knots and holes in the tree trunk were there is no branches. Shimmying up a tree is one of the hardest skills I have learned to do and it kind of makes you look like a tree frog hopping up a tree. I love climbing trees because it makes me more flexible and a lot stronger. I have climbed trees were there is a 3 ft long gap between sticks when you need to basically  do the splits to get your leg up. Sometimes in some trees I have to grab onto a branch walk my feet up the trunk of the tree then hook my legs over the branch and grab onto another branch pulling myself up. Usually the next day after I climb a hard tree I am really sore but that doesn't stop me from doing what I like. Climbing trees is one of my favourite things to do when I have spare time.
Kaleb

No comments:

Post a Comment